Monday, April 13, 2009

First Easter!


Kaylie is coming up on 11 weeks old tomorrow and has just celebrated her first Easter, but she slept through most of it!   But then, that is not particularly different from any other day.  The top photo is one of many photo attempts we made to try and capture her at home.  Photography is definitely not my calling.  I think I am going to have to rely on one of  the great beauties of digital media.  That is if the picture is not that great, delete!  No film wasted.  I suppose if you take enough photos, some have to turn out okay, right?  The second photo was taken outside Jana's parents home.  

Kaylie continues to sleep through the night so we are very relieved.  What a difference.  The gas also seems to be getting better.  Hopefully she is growing out of it.  We also made progress on the bath front.  Up until the last week, Kaylie absolutely hated baths.  We're talking primal screams hatred.  Her  little tub had this type of hammock that was strung across the tub to keep her from getting submerged.  I noticed that she had the same look in her eyes while in the hammock that she has when I am moving her through the air to go to the tub.  It seemed like she was afraid she was falling.  We opted to removed the hammock device and each bath has gotten progressively better.  They are bordering on peaceful.  Not there yet, but SIGNIFICANT improvements.

She also continues to grow.  I'll try to have some of my weight estimates next post.  I'm guessing she is 12 pounds or more by now.  We're working on tummy time now to strengthen her neck.  No problems on the lungs or legs so I'm sure she'll be rolling around in no time.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Kaylie gets more beautiful with every picture I see. I know you are both enjoying her! Take time to enjoy every minute with her! Time flies! It's still hard for me to believe that Kaelyn will be 13 in 2 weeks!!! 13!! Where did the time go?? She was just a baby!!
    BTW...was attempting to post this a minute ago not realizing that Kaelyn was still signed into her gmail account. So I deleted it so I could post under my account!
    Hope you all continue to do well.! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem with the posts! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying them. I'll keep at my feeble attempts to improve the frequency!!

    ReplyDelete